Thursday, January 5, 2012

Las Margaritas Restaurant. It's Hammer time!

I haven't been to Los Margeritas in 20 years. I think there was a tequila margs phase I went through when I was younger sometime in my late 20's long before my frontal lobe fully developed. Yes, visiting Las Margeritas was more about the booze then the food.
Walking in now I can't say much has changed it’s like a time capsule to the 80’s.

A couple of friends invited me to lunch, pull up a chair, relax, it’s Hammer time!

Let's call the food Americanized Mexican.
I'm a fan good Mexican food.
I’m a fan of the drinks at Los Margaritas.

Here are a few pics of our meal; they speak for themselves, what you see is what you kinda get.

Ceviche
White fish marinated in fresh lime juice and mixed with tomatoes, white onions, cilantro, green olives and jalapeƱo peppers

Crappy crappy picture, sorry, but then not the greatest civiche either. I’m going to guess the it’s been sitting in a tub in the walk in fridge for some time.

Tejas

A Mexican pizza made with an 8-inch crispy flour/corn tortilla layered with refried beans, edam, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, green peppers, olives, tomatoes and sour cream.

Think 5 layer dip sitting on the nachos

Fajita Burrito
A large flour tortilla filled with onions, green and red peppers, lettuce, cheese, salsa, pico de gallo and sour  cream. Served with Mexican rice and house salad.
Grilled Sirloin Steak, Grilled Chicken Breast or Prawns
With fresh guacamole

Taco
One flour or corn tortilla, your choice of soft or hard shell, filled with ground beef, chicken or roasted beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and taco sauce. Served with refried beans and Mexican rice.

I’ll be back in another 20 years, just for nostalgias sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment