Sunday, November 6, 2011

La Grotto Del Formaggio


A classic old school Italian deli, sandwiches made to order by the Italian lady (or a reasonable facsimile) behind the counter slicing the prosciutto to order rather then having the meat pre-sliced and waiting. Yes this makes a difference.
Olive oil and balsamic drizzled on the soft loaf, pickled eggplant, olives, provolone.
Doing it right on
Commercial street
, which quite frankly you expect them to do things right.
Adding La Grotto to my favourites for deli's.
BTW, they have a great cheese selection in the deli I totally stocked up and also probably half the cost of what you would pay at Whole Foods.
I like whole foods but I often leave with a bag full of awesome stuff and a small nagging feeling in the back of my mind of being ripped off. And yet I’m always eager to got back. I'm more eager to go back to La Grotto, great sandwiches and deli items and zero feeling of putsiness on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment